When everyone is heading off for a summer break but if your budget doesn’t stretch to a week or two away this year or if you are like us with such busy lives actually finding the time to take time out along with the added downside of running a business – no work = no pay!!
Can you fake a break in your own city or at least have fun with out leaving the country??
If there are free concerts, theatre in the park or just walk around you home city as a tourist – visit places, galleries or museums you don’t normally find the time to visit.
- Create a bathroom spa – taking inspiration from luxury hotel rooms – light kimonos, cotton slippers, fluffy white towels, lots of citrusy bath products, make a jug of iced water with cucumber and mint – relax with a good book or magazine.
- Create your very own stylish outdoor space – a vintage deck chair or piles of cushions that you can sink into – make yourself a jug of Pimms or summer punch so you can keep toping up your glass, treat yourself to some magazines or books that you have meaning to read for ages.
- Head to your local deli or market for fresh mediterian style food – olives, chesses, tomatoes, salad and jars of anti pasta or treat yourself to giant prawns or some fresh fish – splash out a little on the top of the range super market brands or M&S.
- Go to an unpopular beach with the best food – big beaches are often over crowded and dirty so pack a luxury picnic – think smoked chicken, pate or your favourite veggie treat, mini bottles of Moet or a G&T in a can – imagine you are on the Cote d’Auzure or your own private island.
- If you are lucky enough to live close enough to a water way – hire a boat and spend a few hours pretending your are crusing the Med.
- Take a leaf out the SATC girls – if you can hire a roof top bar or a friend with a balcony – throw a fabulous party and look out over the city scape while drinking cocktails.
- Take a trip to your local Lido if there is one – put on your best costume – vintage inspired of course and channel LA pool party circa 1960.
- If your budget allows hire a vintage car for the week and drive around in style or if funds are a bit low take the train as it always makes it more of an adventure and you can take a packed lunch – gingham napkins and canned Pimms or G&T.
Lots of ideas for getting creative and imaginative ways to spend Summer in the City. How are you going to enjoy the summer this year??