With all the festivities done and dusted my thoughts turn to New Year plans and resolutions. So what is in store for me in 2014??
Well to begin with I am hitting a major milestone – my 50th birthday – I am not quite sure how I feel about it but if these women from www.advancedstyle.blogspot.com are anything to go by I am still a mere spring chicken!! So really this will not be an issue for me and I plan to embrace it and celebrate in style throughout the year!!
As far as resolutions go I am not one for making sweeping statements that never last longer than the time it takes to put all the decorations away I am going to give myself some personal and professional goals that I would like to achieve this year and as they say that once a goal is written down it makes it more attainable so here we go –
1. Now that I am getting older I need to start taking a more care of myself, I do generally eat well and dance when I am out but feel that I need a bit more exercise and a healthier diet – spending hours at the gym is not my idea of fun so I will look for other ways to move more – ballet and tap are something that I would love to take up again. Eating wise I love to cook so the plan is to dig out my recipe books and start enjoying being in the kitchen again.
2. Refine my wardrobe is a goal I have had for a while – as stylist and personal shopper it is something that I tell my clients all the time but don’t always manage to do all the time myself. I have my own signature style but I want to get a little more organised with how I buy my clothes and make sure that I only purchase items that mix and match with other things in my wardrobe – unless some die for dress needs a good home.
So I am going to take my own advice – get my outfit inspiration ideas up on the notice board in my dressing room, see what I already have and what I need to purchase to pull it all together.
3. Relax more – running a business is stressful and I never seem to switch my brain off so this year I am going to have some “me” time every day – even if it is moving away from the laptop for lunch, I used to love to read books and magazines but I never seem to find the time to do that anymore so I intend to do that too, go for a walk, or treat myself to a bit of pampering – anything to may me relax at least once a day!!
4. Get out and about more – my weeks and weekends are always packed with events but I seem to miss out on some of the simpler stuff – heading off in the countryside for a picnic, wandering around a museum or art gallery – there were so many exhibitions I have missed last year! A few more short breaks are on the agenda – discovering towns and cities that I have never visited, just strolling around taking in the scenery.
5. 365 project – which involves taking a picture of something fabulous that happens or inspires you every day of the year. Another version suggests you put a note in a jar about something special. So I don’t know whether I will keep this up everyday but I am going to do my own version a combination of both ideas.
With the onset of digital photography and Facebook no one seems to print pictures anymore so I am going to print at least some of the photos with little notes and antidotes attached to the pages to document my adventures this year and put them in a 2014 album so I can look back and remember the fun times throughout the year.
So they are my goals for the coming months. Professionally I have lots of new ideas for the collection, new projects and services that I am going to offer but more of that when I officially get back in the office next week.
Have you made resolutions or goals for 2014 – let me know I would love to hear your plans your year???